Sunday, February 20, 2011

Project CRAZY!


 I'm about to do something insane.

I am going to make a short animated film in the space of 1 day. Tomorrow. This counts from the time I wake up till I sleep. Some time less than 24 hours.

I think I can do it! But I'm known to be terribly ambitious. Even at the cost of my dignity.

So here's the deal. I had this idea for a film where a monster attacks a village and the 2 survivors hunt the monster down and kill it, so as a way to pitch the idea, and have a little project put to rest, I'll be telling the story of the monsters origin.

I'm in the process of writing it's already become rather impressive. I guess you'll all see what it's about tomorrow, but here's some of the concept work for the return of the monster.


 You may notice a pattern with my villains being silhouettes. Sorry, but I love the idea of the enemy being unknown, despite their obvious presence. Cloverfield did it nicely, never showing fully what the monster looked like until literally the last second. I prefer the idea that it's just complete blackness, save for the white holes that are the eyes and mouth, I'll play into that in the origin.


No comments:

Post a Comment