Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I guess that this must be the place...

I have a pencil and ink version of this piece as well, which looks much better.
 I'm trying something. I thought I'd do some practicing with my digital pen. It's something I tried a while back...for like a day, when I was considering changing my style completely. Become much more of a cartoonist. It certainly had some peculiar results.

I really suck at it... but there is SOME improvement over the very few images.

And now it's time to talk about the images. I decided to do some interpretation of song lyrics. the first image was from This Must be the Place by Talking Heads

Home - is where I want to be 
But I guess I'm already there 
I come home - she lifted up her wings 
I guess that this must be the place 




This is an interpretation of the original version of Tenacious D's Tribute way back when it had a riff from Stairway to Heaven.

It's Satan's surprise and its magic
It's a mystical disguise ahhh
The Devil's song and it's tragic
You are the mystical eyed virgin and your rocking 


Now this... Is from a Red Hot Chili Peppers song. She Looks to Me

He looks to me like heaven 
Sent this for your roughest night 
She looks to me 
She looks to me all right 


They're all very rough as you can see... And suck quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment