Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Less than a month from now

I'm going to start a project. A highly unoriginal project, based on the Thirty Days Project way back in June! Which challenged artists to do something creative for every day in June. Well since I'm quite late, I'll just whip up my own version, where for every day during the month of December, I will be spending 3 hours of my day working on a different drawing. I'll try to make every day a completely different thing, from monsters to cities and whatever inbetween. This of course is to help me improve my art more than anything else. Work on colouring and relying on my tablet and not taking too many shortcuts, as I so often do... I'm not doing it now because it's already the second of November and I have nothing! And with the extra month I can give myself time to build up more of a comic buffer just in case.

A short while ago I tried to work out some sort of new, more cartoony style, which quickly degenerated back into my original style. It went well for a day, then I changed the idea to work on some prints for an exhibition, which I have no idea is still going on or not. I missed one way back in July because of my insecurities as a student! Well I ain't a student anymore! I'll keep those prints for a rainy day anyway. I've worked out a theme with them and it all came out rather nice. Details if it ever happens!

So this project is my alternative. Not my only alternative. I've honestly given myself too much to do, but even though this is a month long, it will still be shorter than the other things I've been working on. Wouldn't it be better to do this first? It would also help me get back in the swing of things. Sometimes doing a webcomic twice a week just isn't enough.

And finally, I shall be naming this project, simply, Project December.

No comments:

Post a Comment